Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Philosophy Wire: Names.

If your name is Fred, do you look like a Fred? You might - and others might think so, too. A research has found that people appear to be better than chance at correctly matching people's names to their faces, and it may have something to do with cultural stereotypes we attach to names. [1] Good morning Fred! And remember! We understand, based on names. We name based on what we understand. Our very existence is determined by the words we utter. Reality is formed with a simple good morning. In the beginning was the Word... I hope (as only a conscious being can) you are good (happy inside a universe with meaning, as only a spiritual being can) Fred (you, as only others understand you)! See (I, as opposed to you) you tomorrow (I am a god, I make time as I speak)! Είμαι ο Κανένας! Με λένε Οδυσσέα!

(c) Philosophy WIRES - Commenting world news from philosophy's perspective…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...