Thursday, December 26, 2013

Philosophy Wire: Anisotropy, symmetry, chaos...


Philosophy Wire by Spiros Kakos [2013-12-26]: A new study detected an anisotropy in cosmic rays. They seem to be coming from one specific part of the sky.  [1] We humans love symmetry. We love isotropy. We love order. However the world is anisotropic. The world is not symmetric. The world is chaotic.  I do not know how and why, but something deep inside me tells me that these exact characteristics are the ones which make the cosmos symmetric, isotropic and in order... Chaos creates order. Order creates chaos. Existence cries out: Look you human! See me change but remain the same! Look at the beauty in my assymetries! Look at the order of my anisotropies! Admire me!

(c) Philosophy WIRES - Commenting world news from philosophy's perspective…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...