Saturday, February 11, 2012

Philosophy Wire: Murphy’s Law - Thinking = Formulating reality?

murphys_law_card-p137557250743639494z85p0_400Philosophy Wire by Spiros Kakos [2012-02-11]: The one time I want to get a taxi, I cannot see any passing by even though there were millions of those yellow things passing by before. When I need a spoon all I see around are forks. I want to open the toothpaste card box and I open it from the wrong side. Some call them “Murphy’s Laws”. Most think they are some kind of a joke or just a peculiar thing to talk for when you are with friends. But this “funny” thing can actually hide something extremely fundamental which modern science does not want to accept: the fact that human thinking is not just the passive acceptance of “reality” but instead what actively formulates reality! How else can you explain the extreme success of Murphy’s Laws in prediction?
 
> See mind, brain and reality related posts in Harmonia Philosophica

(c) Philosophy WIRES - Commenting world news from philosophy's perspective...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...